Thursday, January 5, 2012

Music is My Medicine

College is rough. And there are times where you are just at the lowest of lows, but no matter what, music can pull me out of whatever slump I am at the time and just raise my spirits. It must be the dancer in me, but music just moves my soul. It means soo much to me. When I am having a bad day, I put in my ear phones, crank up the music so I can not hear anything in the world, and dance around my house. Wow, how much that helps. Music can carry me away into a whole other world of pure....bliss? I would say bliss, but it can help address any emotion I am feeling. But by the end of my music listening, I feel so much happier. Music was put on this earth for a reason. I miss dance though. I miss dancing everyday. I miss my dance company sisters. I miss learning and coming up with choreography. Mmmm...I just miss it all. Anyway, the point was to dedicate this entire post to my favorite band, but as you can see, I got a little carried away.

So now, without further ado.

The band whose music touches my soul the most is.....Coldplay. Man, I am so in love with their music. New and old. It just amazes me how I love every one of their songs and how they are so so grand. Their music just lifts me up. Vanessa was a doll and gave me the new Coldplay CD for Christmas and I have adored it!! On New Years Eve, my mother was watching TV, flipping through the channels and behold, she found that Coldplay was doing this New Years concert where they were playing some old and some new songs. It was like a legit live concert that someone was also recording and putting on TV. My mom, knowing my complete adoration for this band, went to record it on our lovely DVR. Thank you mom, thank you mom. The next day, I was in the living room talking to my mom and she mentions that she recorded a surprise for me. I was not expecting anything big, probably just a special episode of Say Yes to the Dress (which I love), but lo and behold, she shows me this Coldplay concert. OH. EM. GEE. wow...I was SOOOO excited. She wasn't able to record the whole thing, because she missed the beginning, but still.... a whole hour and nine minutes of pure, pure ecstasy. We started watching it, and man, I was loving it so much, I was getting EMOTIONAL. I had tears! Crazy, right? But really, it was THAT amazing! I have refused to delete it. It will stay on my DVR until I am forced to delete it. I have decided to create a bucket list and the first thing on that list is to go to a Coldplay concert, preferably many. They are just so into their music and so fun to watch. That would sure be an experience that I could NEVER forget. Hmmm....Well, I just thought I would share my absolute love for Coldplay and their music. I know they always a few really popular songs that get played on the radio, but their other ones are amazing and I challenge everyone to try them out! I just feel like everyone is missing out! If you need any recommendations, hit me up! I'll try to not just suggest every song ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment